Tuesday 21 January 2014

ACTRESS LESEGO MOTSEPE (LETTIE MATABANE) DIES

Late Motsepe played Lettie in Isidingo
Former Isidingo actress Lesego Motsepe, who played Lettie Matabane, has died.
According to JJ Tabane of Oresego Communication, the actress’ brother, Moemise Motsepe, found her body in her Randburg flat this morning. He called paramedics who declared her dead on the scene. Motsepe was 40 years old.
In 2011, the former Isidingo star announced she was HIV-positive and had been living with the disease for 13 years. “I went through many phases: denial, resentment, rejection and anger,” Motsepe told The Star at the time. “But the most important thing is that I am alive today.”
“I decided that if I was going to live, I would not let this get me down. I don’t say I’m HIV-positive, I say HIV lives in my blood.”
In 2012, Motsepe controversially revealed on SABC3’s 3Talk that she had decided to stop taking her ARV medication, and was instead controlling the disease with a special diet that included beetroot and garlic and natural supplements.
Fans and HIV/AIDS activists across the board condemned her decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment