|Dr. Kamoto Mbewe|
Measles first broke out in the country in April this year.
Ministry of Health Spokesperson Dr. Kamoto Mbewe said most of the cases had been recorded in
Dr. Mbewe further disclosed that Lusaka Province.recorded the highest number of deaths resulting from measles as compared to other provinces.
He disclosed this in a telephone interview in
Dr Mbewe said in weeks leading to August 23, 2010, the ministry recorded four deaths in Lundazi, while Nyimba recorded two; Chibombo had 1, and
He advised parents and guardians to ensure that they take their children not only for measles but for other vaccinations to ensure the well being of their children.
He encouraged people who suspected that they may have measles to rush to the nearest health centre to be checked.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health Spokesperson has confirmed that no new cases of measles have been recorded at the
Last month, cases of measles were reported at the institution which affected several students.
The Ministry of Health had set a target to vaccinate 1.6 million children countrywide, during the child health week conducted from July 19 to 24, this year.